market-farming - Re: mystery summer squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Karen Cannon <kp_cannon AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: mystery summer squash
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 08:28:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Judy,

I've grown something that sounds similar to what you
describe. I think it could either be an Italian
variety called Costata Romanesco (I also grew one
called Rampicante once that sounds similar) or it
could be a Middle East type. The Johnny's catalog has
pictures of both. Shepherds also usually has a good
selection of odd varieties. My customers and I have
been really impressed with the Middle East varieties
the past couple of years.

Good luck with your search

Karen Cannon
Planet Veg