market-farming - Re: Howard rotivator

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Howard rotivator
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 09:01:52 -0400

I have used mine for 27 seasons and cannot imagine farming without one,
just resist the urge to over till the soil into powder because the
structure will be gone and it will compact and crust like concrete, keep
the hood up alittle when finishing beds, add heavy chains to the hood
and drag them behind as you till beds and they make great row markers.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton NJ...