market-farming - Re: Does anybody have any info on enzymes....?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: columbel <jamesranchfp AT neteze.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Does anybody have any info on enzymes....?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:28:23 -0700

Hi,
It comes from papaya, the tropical fruit found growing wild in the islands.
Also, found in the grocery stores!
It is a meat tenderizer, breaking down the proteins in the meat.
We use the commercial meat tenderizer with papaine to put on bee stings. It
breaks down the proteins that are the source of the bees' poison.
Works like a charm.
Gay

At 12:10 PM 4/23/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi, well I am trying to find out about this enzyme
>called papaine. all i know about it is that it is used
>in making pharmacuetical drugs and used in many other
>actions. It is also extracted from the Papao fuit. i
>would like anybody , if they have the info, to help me
>on how to manage and produce it, and any info on the
>machinery used. if anybody has an idea on where the
>market for this product is plz do inform me too. I
>would be grateful for any help.
>
>thanks
>Joseph Abboud

$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe send email to lyris AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
>with message text containing: subscribe market-farming

The Columbels at the James Ranch and Farm-to-You
Ph(530)432-3306
FAX(530)432-3188
21347 Bald Ridge Dr.
Penn Valley, CA 95946