market-farming - Apologies

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal AT iname.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Apologies
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:46:7

I would like to offer my sincere apologies to everyone who has been annoyed
that I forwarded the 'virus warning'. It was not my intent to enrage
anyone, and I was not trying to offer advice on something I am not truly
versed in.

I only know that the warning was sent to me by a very good friend who is an
International Marketing expert retired from the US Government. I try to
keep an open mind and be a responsible individual.

I have lost all of my data previously by opening an attachment on an
e-mail, even though we have virus protection. I considered the source of
the individual that sent me the warning, and because Mel is a very reliable
person, I wanted to be helpful and share that information with others that
may also not be 'experts' in the computer field.

I appreciate all who were thoughtful enough to send me a kind word or two,
and to those, Marc and Susan, I believe, who were kind enough to share
their expertise by giving me web addresses were I can find such information
regarding viruses, which are true and which are false. I now feel
'empowered' to find the truth. Thank you.

I will still consider Mel a reliable source of information, as he has never
steered me wrong before, I know him personally and he and his wife are
'genuinely good people'. If those of you who are interested in Mel's
information would e-mail me directly (essenheal AT iname.com) I will start a
list, keep your address in a group file, and when Mel sends me those very
rare warnings, I will be happy to forward them Directly to You.

Once again, I have been chastised, I admit I'm not a computer person (but
NOT bumbling NOR foolish), and wish to have my apology sincerely accepted,
and, hopefully, to put an end to any berating of any individuals. I look
forward to my daily market farming updates and the kindness and information
that is shared here. It appalls me that I, of all people, started any
discordence within this group, it was not my intention.

Blessings,
Ava

  • Apologies, Ava Devenport, 04/17/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Apologies, Peter Worsley, 04/17/2000