market-farming - Re: market-farming digest: April 16, 2000

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Adriana Gutierrez & Dennis LaGatta <gutierrez-lagatta AT home.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming digest: April 16, 2000
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 02:37:33 -0400

> One really effective deterrent to flea beetles (I think that is what you
> mean) is a floating row cover. We often use remay but there are many other
> brands.

Floating row covers are a good idea if installed BEFORE they show up.
In fact I have some new seedings covered to prevent damage. Existing
crops need to be treated to get rid of them first. By the way, they
aren't flea beetles OR leaf hoppers. Flea hoppers are a different
critter according to my local extension service after pretty extensive
looks through the microscope and textbooks.

  • Re: market-farming digest: April 16, 2000, Adriana Gutierrez & Dennis LaGatta, 04/17/2000