market-farming - List serv subscription instructions, etc.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Dayna Conner <dayna AT att.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: List serv subscription instructions, etc.
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 22:44:57 -0500

Folks,

As requested, here is information about subscribing to other specific
list-servs. There
is also attached some information that came my way recently that may be of
interest to
you, or worth passing on.

Thank you to those folks who replied to my previous messages with words of
support.

Best regards,
Dayna
Community Food Security Listserv:
To add your address (or re-subscribe) to the COMFOOD-L list, send as the text
of your
message:

SUBSCRIBE COMFOOD-L YOUR NAME

Include only your name or organizational identifier. Do not include your
email address.
For example:
subscribe comfood-l Jane Doe
SUBSCRIBE COMFOOD-L Hartford Food System

Want to check out the organization beforehand?
Visit: http://www.foodsecurity.org/
Women in Agriculture listserv:
Send email to: majordomo AT igc.org
As the text of your message:: subscribe womeninagriculture-scope
(haven't been on this one for awhile, so this may have changed)
And, possibly of interest:..

Vanguard Communications is working on a project funded by the W.K. Kellogg
Foundation
called Fires of Hope. Fires of Hope provides communications support to
several Kellogg
grantees who are working in their regions to make their food systems more
sustainable.
Fires of Hope has asked Vanguard to explore the possibility of establishing a
Sustainable
Agriculture Communicators Network.

The purpose of the network would be to create a forum for sustainable
agriculture
advocates to learn about and share experiences in using communications
techniques
(publicity, public relations, publications, media relations, campaign
planning and
implementation, etc.) to broaden the appeal of sustainable food systems. This
network
could involve creation of a list serv or Web site, development of training
programs and
materials, a conference to make the virtual network a real one, and many
other options. It
would be open to anyone who's active in the movement to promote sustainable
agriculture,
but be particularly relevant to those involved in publicity and promotional
activities.

We have created a questionnaire to help us determine how the Sustainable Ag
Communications
Network could be of greatest service to those who might eventually use it.
Before we get
the Network off the ground, we'd like to get some preliminary feedback on the
services it
could provide. We'd particularly appreciate your input as we create this
project. Could
you take a few moments to answer the questions in the survey? Please click
on the
following link to the internet to go directly to the survey
(http://www.geocities.com/agnet_4u2/index.html). We apologize for the
document's
necessary length, but will be happy to share the results with you as a reward
for your
diligence!

You can submit your completed questionnaire simply by clicking on the submit
button at the
end of the document. If you experience any difficulties in completing this
questionnaire
on-line, you can download it, complete it manually and fax it to Alice
Crittenden at
202-331-9420.

Please direct any questions to Alice at Vanguard Communications by e-mail

alicemcrittenden AT netscape.net. For more information about Vanguard, please
visit
www.vancomm.com Many thanks!

DUE DATE: APRIL 14, 2000

Please click on the following link to directly access the questionaire on the
internet
(http://www.geocities.com/agnet_4u2/index.html )

Sincerely,

Alice Crittenden
Vanguard Communications
2121 K Street, NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20037
TEL: 202/331-4323
FAX: 202/331-9420
alicemcrittenden AT netscape.net

  • List serv subscription instructions, etc., Dayna Conner, 04/07/2000