market-farming - Discount Bulbs, was Re: Galds,, source of bulbs?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Discount Bulbs, was Re: Galds,, source of bulbs?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 08:36:36 -0500

If you look around for local nurserys and buy
wholesale you can save alot on shipping. Remember you
don't need the largest of bulbs to start out with you
can get great blooms with smaller bulbs.

Experienced cutflower people, please advise me: are the bulbs being sold at Sam's Club, Walmart and the home improvement chains comparable to the bulbs I'd mailorder from a reputable grower? Am I time and money ahead to buy the 'big bags' from Sam's Club?

I've always thought that this was not that case. I'd appreciate hearing the voice of experience on this. (This is our first year working with flowers.)

Thanks

-Allan
Claymont Farm

=====