market-farming - Re: (fwd) Re: Soil ph - Lowering alkalinity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Peg Cook" <pegcook AT northnet.org>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: (fwd) Re: Soil ph - Lowering alkalinity
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:41:46 -0500

Mono Ammonium Phosphate (MAP)is a chemical fertilizer that has an analysis
of (11-52-0). I recommend it over DAP (Diammonium Phosphate) because it
will cause less seedling burn. I often recommend it for New Seedings of
Alfalfa/Grass because the legumes need a good source of available Phosphorus
to become established. MAP has a somewhat lower salt index as well. In
addition, DAP seems to be hard to come by. For small Growers, I would
recommend using the Rock Phosphates because they won't cause seedling burn
plus they add Calcium and trace elements to the soil.

Peg Cook
Cook's Consulting

pegcook AT northnet.org