market-farming - Re: (fwd) Re: Soil ph - Lowering alkalinity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Peg Cook" <pegcook AT northnet.org>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: (fwd) Re: Soil ph - Lowering alkalinity
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:28:45 -0500

Larry,
Technically this is correct, BUT, since I have a great deal of respect for
Mother Nature and the way she can come back to haunt you if you mess with
her, I would say stick to the basics, especially if working on small areas
like raised beds and such. I have found that it is better not to mess with
trace elements because one can create toxicity problems in a hurry.
Besides, if one is using Rock Phosphates and other organic fertilizers,
trace elements found in these will meet the growing needs of the plant. I
would STRONGLY recommend to the much of the basics that I have already
discussed on the list!!!!

It is also quite evident that this fellow sells product and this is his main
objective! Buyer Beware!

Hope this helps!

Peg Cook
Cook's Consulting