market-farming - (fwd) Re: Soil ph - Lowering alkalinity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: (fwd) Re: Soil ph - Lowering alkalinity
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 07:39:11 -0500

Peg: Is this information correct?
Thanks, LL

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:34:17 GMT, in alt.sustainable.agriculture
ART(NQ) <vidsno1 AT my-deja.com> wrote:
<>
> I have a question to ask as you can see from the title I
> have an alkaline soil that needs the ph lowered.

Hey Rod, your'e not an Australian farmer are you? if you are you have
a solution to your problem right here in the Alroc mineral fertiliser
range. If no what you have to do is get your soil humus content up.
You can stick in humic acids or any plant-available form of carbon if
you want to turn the situation around quickly, Ionic carbon will bond
to an excessive mineral and correct your problem - Tom stone has it
right, but the way to correct it is with carbon, I mean carbon, not
shit or mulch, these are no use at all until broken down, and will
send your soil backwards, besides needing massive amounts to remedy
the problem. Also watch your minor trace elements - you need to get
bacteria working in the soil, unless you have sufficient cobalt,
molybdenum and iron in the soil the enzymes produced by the bacteria
will not be able to fix carbon and nitrogen effectively.

We use a high-carbon mineral fertiliser to supply all the base
elements, and fire it all up with bacteria, after 4 years of agonising
work we are confident that we can tackle any soil problem and fix it,
unless you are trying to grow potatoes on a salt-pan! Even then we
will win out in time!

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu