market-farming - Re: Another cure, perhaps...(Re: Zinnias)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "five springs farm" <fsfarm AT mufn.org>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Another cure, perhaps...(Re: Zinnias)
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:44:54 -0500

We have not tried this on Zinnias, but another possible cure for fungal
problems is Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), the stuff you buy at the drugstore or
supermarket. Mixed 3TBS per gallon we have used it on Peach trees for peach
leaf curl (very successful) and tomatoes (from about 8" high till late
summer once a week) for blight. Not a cure but slows disease down, it would
seem. Will experiment further this summer, eg powdery mildew on summer
squash.

Jim and Jo
The Community Farm Newsletter
http://www.mufn.org/public/tcf