market-farming - Re: Reference books to develop a better understanding of soil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Reference books to develop a better understanding of soil
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 17:54:27 -0500

The one I'm using now is for conventional farming, but it has helped
greatly in my understanding of the soil and it's management (and
methods I prefer not to use). I borrowed it from my community
college ag class professor.

Soil Management, a useful guidebook for farm managers with common soil
problems.
no author (put out by John Deere). ISBN 0-86691-229-0

This next one is my favorite:

Soil Biology Primer, USDA NRCS--free, but none in print right now.
Lots of pics, definitions, graphs, etc. You can use these links for
more publications from the Soil Quality Institute, and email them to
put you on the list for the second printing.

http://www.statlab.iastate.edu/survey/SQI/catalog.html

http://www.statlab.iastate.edu/survey/SQI/

Liz Pike
Morningstar Gardens