market-farming - Re: Oversowing...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Michaele Blakely" <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Oversowing...
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:09:12 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Creech <creech5 AT mail.tds.net>
To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2000 5:59 PM

> I'm not an expert on undersowing by any means, but I would imagine that
Dutch clover (if managed correctly) would compliment most larger crops. and
if planted sparsely might benefit things like radish, carrots, etc. A
resource book I've used in the past is FEED THE SOIL by Edwin McLeod. I
must warn you, the first part is a bit difficult to get through. Skip it
and go to the middle, and in the back is information on various cover crops.
I'm sure there are lots of books out there, I've just used this one.
Michaele
Growing Things
Carnation WA