market-farming - Re: flowers deer hate was Re: growing cut flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rose & Fred Lieberman" <pyrite AT clarityconnect.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: flowers deer hate was Re: growing cut flowers
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:17:07 -0800

And let me add tulips and PeeGee Hydrangea to the delectables.

I planted a couple of hundred dollars worth of tulips and daffs. I
intermixed them. The deer ate completely AROUND the daffodils! Not a daff
touched; not a tulip left.

The PG Hydrangea never got taller than knee-high. As soon as the wonderful
blooms came up, they and the surrounding new growth were munched down. The
plant lives, but it's perennially pruned!

Now, new tulips and new pgh's are behind electric fence.

Rose