market-farming - RE: flowers deer hate was Re: growing cut flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT Hart.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'market farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: flowers deer hate was Re: growing cut flowers
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 07:47:55 -0600

Add to this gladiolus - we got very few to cut last year. As soon as the
spikes started opening the slightest bit, the deer started eating and went
right up the spike as the buds matured. Our customers love glads, but we
probably won't grow them any more.

Alison and Paul Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
Smiths Grove, KY