market-farming - Re: growing cut flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Clifford Smith" <kf8k AT glasscity.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: growing cut flowers
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:20:32 -0500

We grow about 40 different kinds (annuals and per's) to ensure we have
enough for both markets we attend. In addition to zinnias I would recommend
cosmos (Psyche and Sea Shells), black-eyed susans, daisy, cleosia (pink
feather type), gomphrena (Woodcreek Red), agrostemma (purple and white),
larkspur, delphiniums, peonies, and our very favorite - lisianthus (mainly
Echo). We use preservative when we pick and we give small packages for each
we sell. The most important part is to keep all your buckets and jars
clean. Washing and disinfecting after each use.

Cliff (Blue Clay Plantation - NW Ohio, -- specialty cut flower growers)