market-farming - Farm Bureau

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Brent and Jennifer Mathes <bmathesfarms AT ckt.net>
  • To: :market farming digest <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, market farming digest market-farming digest <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Farm Bureau
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:16:06 -0600

WOW! I guess it is all where you live. We have Kansas Farm Bureau
Insurance. Our agents here bend over backwards on claims and finding
good insurance. I will agree that they are a little bit higher; but I
also feel like I am paying for the voice too. Which in Kansas is top
notch in voicing the farmers concerns in Topeka. As for policy, that is
set by representatives from your county Farm Bureaus...by FARMERS. I
suggest you visit with your county board, or better yet...get on the
board!!! Take the opportunity to make yourself heard. FB is supposed
to be a grassroots organization. When good men do nothing...evil
abounds!!

Jennifer

> I really hate that because a whole lot of us disagree with FB policies
and
> are only members so we can buy the insurance. The FB, however,
doesn't
> make that distinction when they lobby.
>

> Marcie A. Rosenzweig
> Full Circle Organic Farm
> Auburn, CA

  • Farm Bureau, Brent and Jennifer Mathes, 02/14/2000