market-farming - edemame was niche marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Betsy <blevy AT rsocsun.tamu.edu>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: edemame was niche marketing
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:58:21 -0800

Hi -
these are marketed all over the west coast. FYI growers, I've learned as the
parent of a
five-year-old that they're one of the few vegetables my son will eat - and
really enjoy.
They taste like buttery boiled peanuts, and they're fun to pop out of their
pods. So you
could tell customers with kids they'll love them. In Japan (as no doubt some
of you know)
they're served steamed in the pod as beer snacks, so could be used here
similarly.