market-farming - Re: Basil tips, was Re: Market niches-harvesting herbs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Basil tips, was Re: Market niches-harvesting herbs
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 10:05:56 -0400

I was talking to an aquaponic grower today who, in a former life grew basil
from clones which he selected to provide the shortest internodal length,
therefore the best yield.

It's also been suggested to me that even in a raised bed organic garden it makes the most sense to make succession plantings from cuttings, rather than from seeds.

Is anyone on the list doing this? Is it as practical as it sounds?

Thanks -Allan Balliett Claymont Farm CSA