market-farming - FW: JCNEWS: news about Monsanto/American Farm Bureau

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ericka & Rich Dana" <doodles AT netins.net>
  • To: Erorganic <Erorganic AT aol.com>, Market Farming List <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, orGANicgrowing AT egroups.com
  • Subject: FW: JCNEWS: news about Monsanto/American Farm Bureau
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 00:54:12 -0800

Some "conversation" on my local issues newsgroup... FYI - brainwashing
abounds around here...
Ericka
--The Mighty Oak was once a little nut that held its ground.

----------
From: "Ericka & Rich Dana" <doodles AT netins.net>
To: jcnews@yosemite...
Date: Fri, Feb 11, 2000, 12:34 AM

Hello Myron -
I'm a small independent organic produce farmer. I spend a lot of time,
energy and money every year (all year, not just growing season) working to
protect my crops from Monsanto products. I'd much rather spend those
resources growing more clean food and improving my land, but I don't have a
choice.
What does the American Farm Bureau do for people like me?
Just curious,
Ericka Dana, Catnip Farm

--The Mighty Oak was once a little nut that held its ground.
----------
>To: jcnews@yosemite...
>Subject: Re: JCNEWS: news about Monsanto
>Date: Thu, Feb 10, 2000, 3:55 PM
>
> Why is the funding for higher education considered blood money? It appears
> to me that American Farm Bureau (which has nothing to do with GMO products)
> is extending their scholarship dollars with the help of Monsanto to help
> insure a steady food supply for future generations. Despite popular belief,
> Farm bureau is not an organization of big corporate farmers wishing to take
> over the world. It is a grass roots organization that is committed to
> preserve the family farm, with the interest of all farmers at heart. It is
> shame that such an important organization to society is given such a bad
> rap.
> All you have to do is look at your plate the next time you have a meal to
> appreciate what the independent farmer does for you.
>
> Myron

  • FW: JCNEWS: news about Monsanto/American Farm Bureau, Ericka & Rich Dana, 02/11/2000