market-farming - Re: Bees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sojourner <sojournr AT missouri.org>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bees
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 15:48:48 -0600

Marie Kamphefner wrote:

> We usually have lots and lots of bumblebees. What do you feed them?

I'm pretty sure you feed them the same as you would feed honeybees.

Here's a couple of links:

http://www.in2it.net/bees/feeding.html
http://bee.airoot.com/beeculture/96sept2.htm

http://maarec.cas.psu.edu/bkCD/Startkeeping/Methods_starting.html

A number three can containing a food supply of 50 percent sugar syrup is
suspended from the top of the cage. A few small holes are made in the
bottom of the can through which the bees feed.

<end article>

Those are all for honeybees, but I imagine feeding bumblebees is
similar.

--
Holly ;-D
Contrary Peasant