market-farming - Re: An idea (was Re: Lesson learned about floating row cover)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "five springs farm" <fsfarm AT mufn.org>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: An idea (was Re: Lesson learned about floating row cover)
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 13:31:59 -0500

when the row cover is over wire hoops, to place another set
> of wire hoops over it. So it is sandwiched between hoops. The top hoops
> can be placed much further apart than the bottom ones, say one top hoop to
> every third bottom one.
>
> This was done purposely to avoid flyaway covers.

When we "hoop" we use pieces of 3/4" black plastic (plumbing) pipe. Some
pieces of old garden hose, about 6" long, sliced open will slip over the
hoop and hold the fabric quite nicely.
Jim and Jo
The Community Farm Newsletter
http://www.mufn.org/public/tcf

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: fsfarm AT mufn.org
$subst('Email.Unsub')