market-farming - An idea (was Re: Lesson learned about floating row cover)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rose & Fred Lieberman" <pyrite AT clarityconnect.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: An idea (was Re: Lesson learned about floating row cover)
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 05:27:35 -0800

Ouch! That broccoli story hurts.

I was reading about floating row covers the other day and the source
suggested that when the row cover is over wire hoops, to place another set
of wire hoops over it. So it is sandwiched between hoops. The top hoops
can be placed much further apart than the bottom ones, say one top hoop to
every third bottom one.

This was done purposely to avoid flyaway covers.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll try it this year.

Rose