market-farming - Re: Dennis Avery

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Dennis Avery
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 06:46:25 -0500

From: Aaron Silverman <cgrowers AT pond.net>
>Many of their statements and published treatises have
unsubstantiated statements and conclusions. Their effectiveness is in
their ability to publish, and have media connections that allow them
to have their positions distributed to mass audiences.<

I've come to the conclusion organics isn't for the masses. But where
is our "voice", our ability to publish, have media connections, etc?
I assumed the OTA thought this might be in their job description.
Apparently not.

I didn't need that "voice" to assure my customers, but it would have
been nice.

As for Avery-he's a modern day Pied Piper for the conventional farmers
& promoters-they like the music, not knowing it is sending our soil
to hell.

Anyway, local produce, local customers, local trust.

Liz
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville NC

  • Dennis Avery, Aaron Silverman, 02/05/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Dennis Avery, Elizabeth Pike, 02/06/2000
    • Re: Dennis Avery, HMSTDFRMS, 02/06/2000