market-farming - Re: check out OTA's response to 20/20

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sue <swtgrssfrm AT nls.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: check out OTA's response to 20/20
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 17:27:09 -0500

I remember hearing of a federal law that was put into effect in response to
Texas beef
growers and the Oprah Winfrey show when there was so much negative press
surrounding their
product Does this ring a bell with anyone? I seem to remember that it
prohibited
anyone from saying unfounded negative comments about someone else's prducts.
Does anyone
know of a sympathetic lawyer who would be able to look into this? It might
be a way to
hold 20/20 accountable for misrepresenting organic food.
Sue Steiner
Sweetgrass Farm
Wadsworth, Oh.