market-farming - Chicks & Ducklings

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robin Follette <ThymeForEwe AT nemaine.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Chicks & Ducklings
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 17:20:58 -0500

Does anyone here have experience with marketing ducklings and chicks?
We'll have four breeds of ducklings and two breeds of chicks for sale this
year. We could use some advice on how to put the word out.

Domestic duck isn't sold much around here and we'd like to develop the
market. We free range our ducks until butchering weight. They're given
grain but don't depend on it. Last year's customers were very pleased.
Does anyone take duck, chicken or turkey to farmers market?

Rabbit is our newest product. Pork and beef are our other meats. We're
well established in those but these smaller animals/birds are fairly new.
We'll appreciate any suggestions anyone would like to make.

Thanks.

Robin & Steve

Thyme For Ewe Farm
Farm fresh vegetables and meats.
http://www.nemaine.com/organic

  • Chicks & Ducklings, Robin Follette, 02/05/2000