market-farming - 20/20

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT netins.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: 20/20
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 09:38:53 -0600

I wonder just who is this Avery? I believe it was said he formerly worked
for the USDA. I really never heard of him before. My guess is he works for
Monsanto.

Anyway, I have lived on earth long enough (this lifetime) to learn that
something good really does come out of everything. The trick is to find
it. So, for me, I probably will become better educated about the studies
done on organic food vs "regular". Then if someone asks, I won't have the
"deer in the headlights" look that the Organic Association's president had.
But, one has to consider that the 20/20 program is cut and pasted and what
she said may have been out of context. For the organic community
worldwide, I feel in some way this will unite us into a tighter knit, more
powerful entity than ever. I don't think the program will accomplish what
the gene fiddlers and chemical people had hoped. In fact, I think they've
"manured" in their nest. I wish I could remember who the advertisers were
during that segment.

Marie in Missouri

  • Re: 20/20, Elizabeth Pike, 02/04/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>