market-farming - RE: smorgasbord

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT Hart.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'market farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: smorgasbord
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 08:13:22 -0600

Here in zone 6, we grow all winter. We have a group of buyers that average
at least $10.00 a week each (and some much more) for produce - mesclun,
leaf lettuce, oriental greens, baby spinach, Red and White Russian kale,
mustards, etc. This is our 5th year growing all winter, and we do it in a
coldframe - no heat. it definitely can be done. For particulars, see our
article in the January edition of "Growing for Market", which it THE
periodical for market growers (in our most humble opinions!).

Alison and Paul Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
Smiths Grove, Ky