market-farming - Re: Seeder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Michaele Blakely" <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Seeder
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:23:03 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Elizabeth Pike <pike AT always-online.com>
To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2000 3:13 PM
Subject: Seeder

> I also found the Earthway not suitable for sunflower seeds. I have
ordered
> the Easy-Plant Jap-Type planter from Johnny's & hope it will save my back
> this year. Has anyone else used this, or something similar?

I have for several years now, although I didn't get it from Johnny's. It
works great!
The trick is to use it in fairly dry soil. Here in the northwest if the
soil is wet it can clog things up very quickly. Get a small bucket for your
seeds and tie it around your waist, because it's a several step process and
having seeds easily accessible makes things go faster. I also bought the
four row seeder that showed up in Johnny's last year because I was unhappy
with the Earthway I had used. This is wonderful! A good seedbed is
necessary but it makes multiple plantings go very quickly.
Michaele
Growing Things
Carnation WA

  • Seeder, Elizabeth Pike, 01/30/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Seeder, Leigh Hauter, 01/30/2000
    • Re: Seeder, Michaele Blakely, 01/31/2000