market-farming - deer deterrence

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT netins.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: deer deterrence
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 12:11:22 -0600

I've heard of hanging bars of Irish Spring soap and dryer sheets on the
fence. Going to the nearest zoo and getting lion manure to spread around
the perimeter of the garden. Shooting off cannons. Leaving a radio
playing in the garden. Where's that chicken-eating dog? We had one of
those once and he kept the deer away - also raccoons and opossums. Here in
Missouri, if you're having a problem with deer, if you whine and complain
and make a lot of noise, the conservation dept. will have a hunt to get rid
of the offending herd, so I've been told..