market-farming - Re: Cut Flower Subscriptions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cut Flower Subscriptions
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 00:05:55 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Allan Balliett wrote:

> >We have on farm liability insurance that covers this. This is the first
> >pyo
> >we ever did, though we have market gardened for 12 years. The additional
> >rider to cover this was not that much.

> Which carrier did you get this through? I've had some real difficulty
> finding affordable liability insurance for 'pick your own.'

Product Liability Insurance. Many supermarkets require this. Growers
shouldn't be without it and it provides allthe coverage you'll need.
Farm Bureau may be the only company writing it that offers it for a
reasonable price. I am paying about $125 a year for considerable coverage.
The price is based on projected annual gross income from farming.

LL

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu