market-farming - Re: Fedco (was Re: Seeds not so cheap)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fedco (was Re: Seeds not so cheap)
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:11:36 -0500

> > that they code every seed to let you know whether the company or farm...

> That could be tens of thousands of codes per pound of seeds.
> The writing must be quite teeny!
>
> Marc

Very funny, Marc. I can just see us all, farmers across the land, sitting
among packages of seeds with enormous magnifying glasses. We'd all go
cross-eyed! And the day after, all those supposed-to-be-straight farm
rows...okay, enough, I'm going to bed now, (hic, hysterical, hic, giggle,
oops layoff that strawberry wine, save some for next snowstorm, hic!)

Liz Pike
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville, North Carolina