market-farming - Re: Fedco has a website

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fedco has a website
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 07:44:03 -0800

Robin,

Thanks for the website reference for Fedco.

>snip<
>We combined our order with one other farm and individuals this year for a
>discount of 32%. We got 20% for over $300, 2% for getting our order in
>before today and 10% for picking it up. Our discount wouldn't have been
>10% less if we hadn't had the orders from individuals. For the
>individuals, they got a big discount they wouldn't have otherwise gotten.
>snip<

We try to do this with several local market growers adn our Peaceful Valley
soil amendments orders. These kinds of cooperative arrangements are what
will ultimately help each of us not only survive, but build community.

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle Organic Farm
Auburn, CA

  • Fedco has a website, Steve & Robin Follette, 01/28/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Fedco has a website, Marcie Rosenzweig, 01/28/2000