market-farming - Easy annuals...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rose & Fred Lieberman" <pyrite AT clarityconnect.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Easy annuals...
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:10:09 -0800

Hi, Beth.

As far as "easy" annuals, it can't get much easier than sunflowers,
calendulas, and cosmos.

I've heard that some folks have done a subscription service for specialty
cutflower bouquets. That's done - I'm sure - in upscale communities. I'm
not in one of those.

Does the regular CSA subscription that you work with include flowers, or are
they just available and "extra" when subscribers come to your farm?

Rose

  • Easy annuals..., Rose & Fred Lieberman, 01/27/2000