market-farming - Re: Easy annuals...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shelley Pasco" <whistle AT halcyon.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Easy annuals...
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 18:21:19 -0800

I have to add Rudbeckia "Indian Summer" and Bachelor Buttons to the easy
annuals list. Also Asters aren't too difficult and everybody loves
them--they're nice because they come on relatively late in the season. Also
try Zinnias--who doesn't love zinnias? The only tricky part is waiting until
the soil warms up a little and giving them support like you would any other
flower.
Shelley
Whistling Train Farm
Kent, WA

----------
>From: "Rose & Fred Lieberman" <pyrite AT clarityconnect.com>
>To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
>Subject: Easy annuals...
>Date: Thu, Jan 27, 2000, 9:10 PM
>

> Hi, Beth.
>
> As far as "easy" annuals, it can't get much easier than sunflowers,
> calendulas, and cosmos.
>
> I've heard that some folks have done a subscription service for specialty
> cutflower bouquets. That's done - I'm sure - in upscale communities. I'm
> not in one of those.
>
> Does the regular CSA subscription that you work with include flowers, or are
> they just available and "extra" when subscribers come to your farm?
>
> Rose
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: whistle AT halcyon.com
> $subst('Email.Unsub')

  • Easy annuals..., Rose & Fred Lieberman, 01/27/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Easy annuals..., Shelley Pasco, 01/27/2000