market-farming - A serious proposal for the list: Re: Farmworker Community Poisoned by Pesticide Drift

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: A serious proposal for the list: Re: Farmworker Community Poisoned by Pesticide Drift
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 17:34:24 -0500

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000 11:30:01 -0800, "Ericka & Rich Dana"
<doodles AT netins.net> wrote:

>Farmworker Community Poisoned by Pesticide Drift
>February 18, 2000

It is so tempting to followup to this post from Ericka;
news of this sort really gets me inflamed and I have much
feedback to submit BUT if I did it would really dilute the
dialog in this list SO I propose that I create a new and,
to me, appropriate and valuable, new resource:
a list called market-farming-news where newsworthy
items from Panups, sanet-mg and other lists and newsgroups
(alt.sustainable.agriculture especially) can be forwarded for reading
and followup dialog. This is a good time for this to happen. The
more serious GMO info could also be posted there as well. I
want to do this and hope you all think it enough of a good idea to
subscribe and make use of it.

A few yes-go-ahead-and-do-it's will be enough motivation for me
to get it done. Anyone want to co-own it? Ericka?

Fpr those interested in more pesticide education information see my
collection at:
http://metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/pesticide-education/

My homebrew roundup.faq and pressure-treated-lumber.faq
propaganda, whoops, I mean info, exist there.

Maybe I should also do a pesticide education website to accompany this
list - info resources on this topic are extremely valuable these days.
You all could upload useful information for the site.

Feedback welcomed,

Lawrence
Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu