lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] error: "The uploaded file could not be moved to ."

  • From: bai.xiaoyu AT gmail.com
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] error: "The uploaded file could not be moved to ."
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:54:56 +0800

re: error: "The uploaded file could not be moved to ."

When transfered my lyceum from a server to another one, I encountered
problem in this thread:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/lyceum-users/2007-January/000802.html
. I think I figured out how to solve it, at least in my case.

> When writing a post, I tried to Upload a file and get the error: "The
uploaded file could not be moved to ."

I checked again and again the wp-content/blogs/ was set to 777 and in
system setttings, the

> wp-content_file_path: The file path where individual blog uploads and cache
> are kept.

was set to the correct value.

Still I got the error message above.

Here's how I solved it with the help of xiaola. Caution: BACKUP YOUR
DATABASE BEFORE TRYING IT!!

I browsed to the lyceum database, table option, in row option_names,
there's an option called uploads_file_path. Now, run this sql command
in phpmyadmin:

SELECT *FROM `options` where option_name = 'uploads_file_path'

What~!! Lyceum failed to update that value except for the first
several blogs? They still points to the old value
/var/www/.org/lyceum/wp-content/blogs/ instead of the new one I set in
system settings, which is
/nfsn/content/rijiben-lyceum/public/wp-content/blogs/

So I ran this sql command:

update `options` set option_value =
'/nfsn/content/rijiben-lyceum/public/wp-content/blogs/' where
option_name = 'uploads_file_path'

Everything is OK now. I can upload files.

  • Re: [Lyceum-users] error: "The uploaded file could not be moved to .", bai . xiaoyu, 08/15/2007