lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] modifying .htaccess to support multiple domains

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Jefferson Fletcher <jeffersonfletcher AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] modifying .htaccess to support multiple domains
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:25:27 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Jefferson Fletcher wrote:

It seems that multiple domains can be supported from a single lyceum install, but I am unclear about the proper way to set up the .htaccess file to handle this correctly.

[snip]

Does anyone have a sample .htaccess they could point me to with rewrite rules that do this correctly? Thanks for the help.

Jefferson-

I have never seen someone achieve this setup, although it is certainly possible at a certain level. Unfortunately there are a lot of hardcoded urls in wp/lyceum related to the permalink system. I keep meaning to take a look at if it would be possible to have different blogs on different domains without having to rip the system apart. I am pretty sure it will be possible.

There is a ticket it trac on this topic, feel free to add any thoughts you have on the matter.

--
John Bachir
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/