lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] non-default permalinks and rewrite rules

  • From: "Craig" <mrcraig61 AT lycos.co.uk>
  • To: <lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] non-default permalinks and rewrite rules
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 21:21:50 -0000

> craig- what versions of php, mysql, and operating system?

Apparently:
PHP4u Version 3.0 Based on PHP-4.3.2
System Debian GNU/Linux - Bi PIII 1Ghz - 1 Gb RAM - Kernel 2.4.x
MySQL:??? unknown

Checked how WP does things, and sure enough things have moved on since I
last looked. All the re-writing for permalinks is done from the same set of
rules regardless of your structure. WP calculates the correct page/post etc
from the request. Very clever! Not clever enough though as it doesn't work
for me.

Now I know a bit more about how things work I'll have another look at what's
going on.

Bye,
Craig