lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] User roles/levels

  • From: "David R. Woolley" <drwool AT thinkofit.com>
  • To: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] User roles/levels
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:21:47 -0600

I found that the WordPress plugin "post-restrictions" works fine with Lyceum. Although it wasn't absolutely necessary, I did end up customizing the plugin somewhat. The user interface for controlling access to a post offered a long list of checkboxes -- you could restrict access according to every single capability that WordPress defines. I wanted to simplify it so the selection could be made based on roles, which is a much smaller list. I accomplished that with a small hack, which I posted in the plugin author's blog:
http://bluesome.net/post/2006/01/01/121/