lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] User roles/levels

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Fred Stutzman <fred AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org, "David R. Woolley" <drwool AT thinkofit.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] User roles/levels
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 02:01:48 -0500 (EST)

For each blog on which a user has permissions, there is a permissions entry in the usermeta table.

The user_level field is, i believe, a legacy piece of the system that wordpress no longer utilizes and i believe is in there for the sake of plugin backward compatibility.

witness my lack of investigation, and general confusion, in this very old ticket:

<http://source.ibiblio.org/trac/lyceum/ticket/135>

But the bottom line is, there is no concept of per-blog user level. You can perhaps hack the plugin to store this information in the options table, or even better, to work with roles instead of levels.

let us know what you come up with, and/or document it on the wiki if you get the chance.

john