lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Install Problems: install.php tries to "save" or "open"

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Install Problems: install.php tries to "save" or "open"
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:33:40 -0400 (EDT)

how about db permissions?

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Bob Sienkiewicz wrote:

John, I tend to think it's a configuration issue, not an o/s or version
info, but here's the info:

Linux-2.4.30
Apache 1.3.28
PHP 4.3.10
MySQL 4.1.10

Recall from my first email, the install worked on a different server. That
server had similar (but not the same) versions and config. What I really
don't get is what am I missing in the config.

FWIW, I even tried installing WPMU earlier this evening and had the --same--
problem on this server.

Bob

On 10/13/06, John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org> wrote:

what version of os, php, and mysql are you running?

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Bob Sienkiewicz wrote:

> Following up on this, I wanted to provide more detail. At the point
where
> the installation fails, the MySQL tables for the database are all
created.
> This indicates to me that "step 2" of the install is
initiating. However,
> the tables are empty, and "install.php" at "step 2" never completely
loads.

> I have turned on the debug options in the "wp-config.php" file. When I
> check the "lyceum_error_log" it is empty. When I check the
> "lyceum_query_log" file I find this:
>
> SELECT option_name, option_value FROM options WHERE blog = 'NULL' AND
> autoload =
> 'yes'
>
> Just editing "install.php" it looks like the script is failing at the
point
> where it tries to execute the function "populate_system_options();
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this? If not, I'll
have
> to abandon Lyceum and move on to some other solution for my project, and
I'd

--
John
----