lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] image width in IE

  • From: "Shane Bishop" <sbishop AT trinitybiblecollege.edu>
  • To: Lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] image width in IE
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:11:21 -0500

So, I was busy fixing a bunch of themes so they would be nice and pretty in Lyceum. And then I thought, "Hey, why don't I check my changes in IE (obligatory gag)?"
So, I did. Yikes, scary. I had an image that was large (probably 2000 pixels wide), and it broke the layout. On every single theme. Now, I know, I should have resized the image, and if it were my own personal site, I would, but we're going to have users who will say "You want me to resize an image? How about I go swallow a horse first?"

I did a little googling, and here's what I found:

http://andy.wordpress.com/2006/08/14/defective-themes-image-width/

It's not elegant, but it works (most of the time). Occassionally, you'll have to go find a different container element (like #maincontent, or #page, etc.), and add that to the list of elements in 'the fix'.
If someone knows of a plugin that will make fixing image sizes simple, great, but I've checked just about every image plugin I could find, and had no luck.

Just thought I'd share with the world (or at least all of you fine folks).

Shane

  • [Lyceum-users] image width in IE, Shane Bishop, 09/26/2006