lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 14

  • From: "Anton Zuiker" <zuiker AT gmail.com>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 14
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:03:41 -0400

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Anton Zuiker wrote:

> the support docs and wiki aren't very clear about what the portal page
> is versus a separate blog. The FAQs mention the difference between
> running Lyceum and a separate Wordpress blog, but I was hoping there'd
> be a doc about the best way to set up a home blog (at storyblogging.org,
> e.g.), though I could figure out that I'd probably just install WP the
> regular way.

Anton- not sure quite what you are asking here. can you elaborate?

John

John, the way you've got the Lyceum home set up is with a WP blog, and the test install of lyceum is separate. That's explained clearly in the FAQ page. But it would be helpful if the install faq mentioned this, too, so that those of us who wanted to emulate the Lyceum site -- WP running a blog for the site, e.g. StoryBlogging.org, and Lyceum portal within the domain -- would be clear on a good folder structure. What I'm trying to accomplish with storyblogging is for people to come to the main blog and then go through that to create their own lyceum-powered blog on my site.

Hope that helps.

--
Anton Zuiker
Editor, journalist & weblogger