lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] One issue and several question about lyceum

  • From: DaveG <lyceum AT solidgone.com>
  • To: Stephanie Vega <scandalous1 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] One issue and several question about lyceum
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:40:28 -0400

Stephanie Vega wrote:
I'm very excited about this and spent several hours geting it going (ok! I'm a newbie!)

1. When I choose "lost your password," I'm taken to a page that says (among other things): ERROR: The blog requested does not exist or has been deactivated.

But at the bottom of the page, the blog created is listed and I can even go to it. I just can't sign in to the dashboard/admin area if I don't have my password and the "lost password" option isn't working.

So, anyone have this trouble before?

It sounds like you're having this problem:

http://source.ibiblio.org/trac/lyceum/ticket/576

so it's broken in 33. that changeset will show you how to fix it in the meantime.

http://source.ibiblio.org/trac/lyceum/changeset/897

2. In addition, I'm clueless on how to install themes and plugins. Can someone point me in the right direction?

You install themes in the same way you'd do it for Wordpress. Simply copy all the theme files into the directory /lyceum/wp-content/themes. From there goto the Wordpress/Lyceum dashboard under the Presentation tab you'll see Themes. Click the theme you want to activate. Done. I've found very few themes that don't work. If your site goes blank, or the theme causes some other problem, simply delete or rename the themes directory, and all will be well again.

3. Once I get this working properly, I'd like to intall it again in the root folder (instead of subdomain.domain.com/lyceum/blog <http://subdomain.domain.com/lyceum/blog> my aim is to make it subdomain.domain.com/blog. <http://subdomain.domain.com/blog.>) Is that a good idea?

I have something very similar working fine. Refer to http://nepherim.lifehaiku.com/2006/installing-lyceum-with-clean-urls/

Also, the subdomain is actually an addon domain on my host. So actually, when the DNS updates, I'll be able to reach subdomain.domain.com <http://subdomain.domain.com> just by going to subdomain.com <http://subdomain.com>. Will that also shorten my blog urls to subdomain.com/blog <http://subdomain.com/blog>?

Yes.

~ ~ Dave