lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] Lyceum as the whole site?

  • From: "Rick Beckman" <rick.beckman AT gmail.com>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum as the whole site?
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 03:22:08 -0400

I am curious whether or not this installation scenario is possible, whether or not a tutorial has been written for it, and what would be required to do so (including any caveats there may be).

1) Lyceum will be the root of the site. I.e., when you visit domain.com/ you see the main portal page.
2) When users create a blog, they get a subdomain with their blog as root. I.e., when you visit mysuperblog.domain.com/ you get the user's blog index.
3) Lyceum will be the only thing running on this domain so it will be free to do whatever mod_rewrite voodoo it needs to do.

the Lyceum directory structure should be as transparent to the user as possible, and the idea should be as future proof as possible.

Has it been done? How?

I've been watching the development of Lyceum since just about its "birth," and am impressed with how far the software has come. I just don't remember ever seeing installation instructions to do what I'd like to do. Maybe I'm just blind; I dunno. :-)

--
Rick Beckman
watch-therefore.com - 9rules Religion Blogger