lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum at top level co-existing with other stuff?

  • From: "Elaine Nelson" <epersonae AT gmail.com>
  • To: fusion AT ibiblio.org
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum at top level co-existing with other stuff?
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 07:32:49 -0700

I think I like the alias idea, although I have a few other ideas kicking around to potentially play with.  (we are using aliases already to handle multiple instances of Drupal, so it's a familiar methodology.)

Thank you for giving me some good ideas, and for helping me think through this.

Elaine

On 8/4/06, Jameson Lopp <fusion AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
> can lyceum be configured so it is at /Lyceum and its blogs are at
> /athletics, /edsupport/asc, etc.?  if so, how?

if the lyceum webroot is /lyceum then any blogs would be at
/lyceum/blogname though you could always set an alias in the server
configuration to forward /athletics to /lyceum/athletics and such

>> Redirect your main URL to the modified Lyceum portal.
> But I'm not sure I understand why exactly.  Is this to take advantage
> of the various .htaccess-based redirects?

That solution was assuming you would integrate your main page with the
lyceum portal and thus make it your new 'main page' - however you could
also go the other way and integrate some of the portal - or just link to
it - in your current main page.

- Jameson

--
Elaine Nelson