lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum at top level co-existing with other stuff?

  • From: Jameson Lopp <fusion AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Elaine Nelson <epersonae AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum at top level co-existing with other stuff?
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:14:47 -0400

There are surely multiple ways to approach this problem, though for what you are describing, I would offer the following solution:

Leave your current architecture intact.

Install lyceum in a subfolder somewhere.

Have a PHP savvy individual integrate the code for your main page into the lyceum portal.php

Redirect your main URL to the modified Lyceum portal.

- Jameson

Elaine Nelson wrote:
I'm evaluating Lyceum for a community college as a content management
system, to replace our half-dozen separate WordPress installations.

* I can install Lyceum either at the root or in a subfolder.

* I'd like to be able to leave the existing subsites at the same level
they're at now: /news, /athletics, /edsupport/asc, and so on.

* I can't and don't want to convert all of our site or all of the
subsites to Lyceum. The main site is a custom PHP app/template; other
subfolders make extensive use of PHP in other ways, and some subsites
run on Drupal. (and will continue to do so, as far as I can tell.)

Is there something clever I can do to make that work? I have this
instinct about .htaccess -- yes, again -- but I don't know enough to
do anything!

Any sort of assistance would be greatly appreciated. We really like
WordPress, but the multiple installations are killing us!