lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Need installation help on IIS for Lyceum 0.31

  • From: Fred Stutzman <fred AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Technology for Learning Center <TLC AT Lasell.edu>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Need installation help on IIS for Lyceum 0.31
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:38:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Technology for Learning Center wrote:

Q1 - I'm not an IIS expert, but you should be able to set permissions on WEBROOT/files/directory by viewing permissions of that directory. IIS friends - any advice.

Q2 - This I can answer. No need to install Wordpress. Lyceum contains everything you'll need.

All the best,
Fred

Hi All,

I need some help with some of the installation instructions for Lyceum
0.31.

QUESTION 1

Step 1 of the Installation.txt file states:

=========

1] Files and directories that must be writable by the webserver:

src/lyceum/

src/lyceum/wp-comments-post.php

src/lyceum/wp-content/blogs/

=========

I don't understand how to accomplish this. Is there a specific user on
the webserver to whom I grant these Write permissions? If so, which
user? And do I grant the permissions using Windows Explorer or via IIS
somehow?

QUESTION 2

Am I correct in assuming that I do not need to install WordPress, since
the Lyceum code contains the latest version of WP (as long as I install
both the stable version and the latest nightly)?

QUESTION 3

As background information, I am using:

* Lyceum 0.31

* Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition v 5.2.3790

* MySQL 4.1

* PHP 5.1.4

Thanks in advance!

Richard Dodds