lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] Need installation help on IIS for Lyceum 0.31

  • From: "Technology for Learning Center" <TLC AT Lasell.edu>
  • To: <lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] Need installation help on IIS for Lyceum 0.31
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:16:58 -0400

Hi All,

I need some help with some of the installation instructions for Lyceum 0.31.

QUESTION 1

Step 1 of the Installation.txt file states:

=========

1] Files and directories that must be writable by the webserver:

src/lyceum/

src/lyceum/wp-comments-post.php

src/lyceum/wp-content/blogs/

=========

I don’t understand how to accomplish this. Is there a specific user on the webserver to whom I grant these Write permissions? If so, which user? And do I grant the permissions using Windows Explorer or via IIS somehow?

QUESTION 2

Am I correct in assuming that I do not need to install WordPress, since the Lyceum code contains the latest version of WP (as long as I install both the stable version and the latest nightly)?

QUESTION 3

As background information, I am using:

·         Lyceum 0.31

·         Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition v 5.2.3790

·         MySQL 4.1

·         PHP 5.1.4

Thanks in advance!

Richard Dodds